My name is Katie Clothier and I am the Middle/High School Social Worker/Academic Advisor (grades 4-12) at Forest Area! I have been at Forest Area since November 2022, and I am a Forest Area Graduate. I received my Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from Saginaw Valley State University and my Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of Michigan- Ann Arbor. I have several years of experience working with survivors of trauma, I have always been passionate about education, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to help my students navigate all of life’s challenges.
I am here to assist your student with many things, including:
- Educational, personal, career/college planning, and goal planning
- Help students understand themselves and others better
- Help students identify and deal with problems
- Provide crisis intervention
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators
Some reasons to contact me are:
- Academic concerns.
- Divorce, separation, and family changes.
- Educational planning.
- Experiencing loss, death, and grief.
- Peer relationship issues.
- Problem solving skills.
- School adjustment issues.
- Stress reduction and coping skills.
- Study skills.
- Difficulty getting to school.
It is a great pleasure to serve my community in this capacity, and I look forward to working with students and their families!
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231)369-2867 ext. 155!