My name is Katie Lee and I am the Middle School/High School Counselor (grades 4-12) at Forest Area! I have been at Forest Area for 4 years now but I am originally from New Jersey. I received my BA in Psychology from Rutgers University and my MA in School Counseling from Caldwell University. Working with students has always been a passion of mine; I especially enjoy helping them through obstacles and assisting them in finding their own strengths. I am here to help your child navigate through the wonderful and sometimes challenging Middle School and High School years.
I am here to assist your child with many things among them are:
- Educational, personal, career/college planning, and goal planning.
- Help students understand themselves and others better.
- Help students identify and dealing with problems.
- Provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Some reasons to contact me are:
- Academic skills support
- Scheduling concerns
- Career, College, and/or Future planning
- Coping, problem- solving, decision making support
- Organization, study, and test-taking skillsPeer relationships and conflict resolution support
- Family changes
- Experiencing loss, death, and grief
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
During the school year, I work with students individually and in small groups. I also will be going into classrooms in grades 4-8 to work on Social Emotional Learning with students using the Second Step Program. Throughout the year students go on various field trips to explore different careers and in the spring, grades 8-11 go on College Visits to Kirtland Community College, Baker College, NMC, and Ferris State University.
Helping students in every aspect of their life is the most important thing to me and all students at Forest Area know that my door is always open (no appointment needed). If you ever need to contact me please feel free to call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to the start of this year and getting to know any new faces we might have!
Click here to visit the virtual office.